Shamrock Holmes Megaways Slot Review
Shamrock Holmes Megaways is a Megaways variant developed by ALL41 Studios, which is part of MicroGaming. The latter is a well-known game provider and nowadays has the appropriate license from Big Time Gaming to produce Megaways slots. Sherlock Holmes might tell you a bit more, but Shamrock Holmes is also a detective and thus the theme of this game. In this review we take a closer look at everything that has to do with this slot machine, so that you get a good idea of the game.
RTP en Variance
The RTP, or return to player, for this game will be 96.44%. This means that the casino returns this percentage of all bets back to the players. The volatility or variance is medium/high. A high volatility means that you win less frequently, but large amounts.
Where to play Shamrock Holmes Megaways for real money?
In the background you can see a beautifully lit and even a bit of magical forest, to which the music also fits well. Furthermore, the playing field consists of 6 reels, the middle 4 of which have an extra box at the top. Directly at the bottom you will find the number of Megaways you can achieve on that turn. All options such as the ‘spin' button, bet rules, and settings can be found on the right. Additional information regarding your balance and your bet is shown at the bottom of the screen.
How does Shamrock Holmes Megaways work?
As with any Megaways game you can form combinations in many ways thanks to the Megaways mechanism. This slot also has 6 reels, and a maximum of 7 symbols can appear on it. As a result, the maximum number of Megaways you can achieve is 117,649, a number known for experienced players. These combinations must all be formed from the first reel, and for most symbols you need at least 3 symbols. This means that you have to spin the same symbol on at least the first 3 reels, and the more you add to it the higher your prize is. By means of features and the bonus round you increase the chances of winning bigger prizes, which are explained individually later. Finally, the minimum bet is 0.20 euros and the maximum bet is 20 euros. Choose one of the options in between these values and start playing.
The Symbols & Payouts
The symbols are divided into a number of categories below, so that you can play with a clear overview:
- The first category consists of the basic symbols, or the low paying symbols. There are 6 of these and these consist of the playing cards 9 to A. For a combination of 6 symbols, you get your bet back 1x (9, 10, and J) or 1.5x (Q, K, and A).
- Second, you have a category consisting of the premium or high paying symbols. Of these, 4 are consisting of the flower, three-leaf clover, pot of gold, and Shamrock. Respectively, for a 6-of-a-kind you get back 2x, 2.5x, 5x, or 50x your stake.
- The third category consists of 1 symbol, namely the wild symbol. In principle, this symbol can replace all other symbols, except for the bonus symbol. Also symbols that occur in a re-spin cannot be replaced.
- Finally, we will discuss the last category, which consists of the bonus symbol, or the scatter symbol. You can recognize this symbol by a golden coin.
A well-known and common game element is the Cascading Reels principle, whereby symbols of winning combinations make way for new ones. This allows you to form even more combinations in the same turn with a little luck.
The Re-spin feature can be activated at any time, but for that you have to spin certain combinations. To be precise, there are 3 different options in this regard. Below is a clear overview:
- 3 scatter symbols and the pixie symbol gives you a Re-spin with 10,000 Megaways.
- Also 3 scatter symbols and Shamrock Holmes gives you a Re-spin with 32,400 Megaways.
- Again 3 scatter symbols + Shamrock + the pixie symbol gives you a Re-spin with 117,649 Megaways.
Shamrock Holmes Megaways Bonus Round
You need at least 4 scatter symbols in 1 turn to clear the bonus round. For this you get 10 free spins and for every additional scatter you get 2 free spins extra on top! Something positive is the fact that the multiplier already starts at x2 and increases by +1 for every winning combination. Fortunately, the multiplier is also unlimited, so it can go sky high. By spinning 3, 4, 5, 6, or 7 scatter symbols during the bonus round you can get the same number of free spins extra.
Max win & Rating
Due to the unlimited multiplier, the max win is in principle also unlimited, but from enough games it turns out to be about 28,000x your bet. Which is still a very large amount, of course. In addition, the game receives a rating of 4/5 stars from us.
Shamrock Holmes Megaways deserves the good score mainly because it contains several features, some of which are also very original. In addition, the game meets all standard conditions, and Megaways variants are very popular. All in all a more than adequate and highly recommended.